Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Sober and elegant presentation.
· Pale gold.
· Refined bubbles.
· Delicate bead of bubbles.
· Touching, taking us into a sensual and exciting aromatic universe.
· Subtle aromas of apple, pear, citrus fruits, coupled with touching notes of exotic fruits, definitely the result of cold decantation of the grape juices (12°C) before alcoholic fermentation at low temperatures (15 to 16°C), signatures of the Chardonnay.
· The nose slowly evolves towards soft fragrances of butter and caramel, barely toasted, expressions of the emerging maturity of the cuvée obtained by the long ageing on laths of the bottles before disgorgement.
· Refreshing attack, supported by a vibrant minerality, allowed by the selection of the first juices (cuvée), during the pressing of the grapes.
· The mouth then becomes gourmet, carried by the creamy effervescence, thanks to the generous dosage with 12 g/L of sugar added at disgorgement and to the fulfillment of the malolactic fermention of the base wines.
· Deliciously acidulous finish.
· Great length on the palate.
With this cuvée Prestige Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Jean-Charles Mignon, production manager of the Champagne House Pierre Mignon, was able to put his talent of wine grower in the service of 3 Grands Crus of the Côte des Blancs (Avize, Chouilly and Cramant) and of 2 years (50% from 2011 and 50% from 2010), to offer us a touching Champagne.
To taste as an aperitif or during a meal, with a sea bass and lemon, for example.
Wine-grower in Le Breuil for 5 generations, the Champagne House Pierre Mignon cultivates with care its vineyard of 16 hectares, composed of the 3 champenois varietals, spread over the Surmelin Valley, the Marne Valley, the Côte des Blancs and the area of Epernay. An accurate oenology, with vinification of base wines in small volumes, gives birth each year to more than 420,000 bottles of a wide range of high-level Champagnes.
Champagne Pierre Mignon
5 rue des Grappes d’Or
51 210 Le Breuil
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 59 22 03
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 59 26 74
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org