Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Festive and luxurious presentation.
· Dense colour, ruby red.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Delicate bead of foam, persistent after service of the flute.
· Radiant and generous.
· Farandole of heady fragrances of nice ripe red and black fruits (cherry, red currant, raspberry, blackcurrant and blackberry), underlined by some reserved hints of spices (pepper, vanilla and liquorice), signatures of the Pinot Noir, exclusive varietal of the cuvée, harvested by hand in 2010.
· Later, the Champagne reveals its emerging maturity, result of 3 years of ageing of the bottles, with autolysis of the prise de mousse yeasts, with some touching notes of honey, caramel and gingerbread.
· Lively attack, allowed by the exclusive selection of the free run wine, purer, without pressing of the solids during racking after 36 to 48 hours of maceration perfectly controlled.
· The mouth becomes ample and deep, with a remarkable presence, enhanced by a fine effervescence and a vibrant minerality, a characteristic sign of the plot of old vines north-east facing in the upper part of the Premier Cru terroir of Rilly-la-Montagne.
· Warm finish, perhaps thanks to the judicious fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wine.
· Great length on the palate.
With this Rosé de Saignée, Laureen Baillette, wine grower, was able to implement an inspired vinification, to offer us a Champagne rosé with character.
To taste from aperitif to meal, to accompany a peking quail with candied lemon and grapes, for example.
Wine growers in Trois-Puits for 5 generations, the Champagne House Jean Baillette-Prudhomme cultivates with care its vineyard of 5 hectares, established in the Premiers Crus terroirs of Trois-Puits, Rilly-la-Montagne and Mont Ferré, composed of 60% of Pinot Noir, 25% of Chardonnay and 15% of Pinot Meunier. A fine oenology gives birth to around 30,000 bottles of quality Champagnes per year, of with 25% are exported.
Champagne Jean Baillette-Prudhomme
4, rue de la gare
51 500 Trois-Puits
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 82 37 14
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 82 91 35
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org