Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Sober and festive presentation, for this cuvée homage to Pierre Moncuit, who presided the House until 1977, and to his wife, Odile Moncuit-Delos.
· Golden, with green glints.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Refined bead of bubbles.
· Radiant and charming.
· Aromas of citrus fruits (lemon and grapefruit), of apple, pear, apricot, grape, almond and hazelnut, delicately iodized and mentholated, signatures of the Chardonnay harvested in 2011.
· Patience is rewarded by the appearance of gentle scents of honey and beeswax, moving towards pastries, expressions of the maturity of the cuvée.
· Pure attack, definitely the result of the rigorous selection of the first juices (cuvée), during the pressing of the grapes, enhanced by a vibrant minerality.
· The mouth then becomes warm, probably thanks to the judicious fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines, underlined by the creamy effervescence.
· Tasty finish.
· Remarkable length on the palate.
With this Cuvée Moncuit-Delos Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs emblematic of the brand, Nicole Moncuit, technical director of the Champagne House Pierre Moncuit, was able to find the perfect blending between the different plots of the House, to deliver us an inspired interpretation of the Grand Cru of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, exclusive origin of the grapes.
To taste as an aperitif, or during a meal, to accompany a wolf and its carrot mousse with star anise, for example.
Settled in the Côte des Blancs with a vineyard of 20 hectares only planted with Chardonnay, of which 15 hectares established in the grand Cru of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, the Champagne House Pierre Moncuit has been perpetuating the family tradition for over a century. An inspired oenology, with parceled vinifications in small vats before blending, gives birth to around 180,000 bottles of highly expressive Champagnes each year.
Champagne Pierre Moncuit
11 rue Persault Maheu
51 190 Le Mesnil-sur-Oger
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 57 52 65
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 57 97 89
Email : email@example.com