Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Original and careful presentation.
· Golden, intense.
· Fine bubbles.
· Bead of bubbles delicately fixed on the periphery of the flute.
· Intense and generous, it takes us into its touching aromatic universe.
· Radiant aromas of candied red and black fruits (cherry, plum, blackcurrant, raspberry and strawberry), underlined by the delicate spices (pepper, cinnamon and liquorice), signatures of the Pinot Noir, Exclusive varietal of the Champagne.
· The promising maturity is then unveiled, joyful, with scents of honey, caramel and pastries evolving towards cocoa, subtly toasted and roasted, result of ageing on laths of the bottles for 3 years, before disgorgement.
· Pure attack enhanced by a vibrant minerality, result of the rigorous selection of the finest juices during the pressing of the grapes (tête de cuvée) and of the stop of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.
· Then the mouth becomes warm and caressing, dense combination of reserved power and elegance, expression of the old vines planted in 1950 on which the grapes were carefully selected in 2010.
· Revealing the red fruits already perceived at the nose, coupled with hints of apple and pear.
· Soft finish, always mineral, barely spicy.
· Remarkable length on the palate.
For this Blanc de Noirs Grand Cru, Arnaud Duval, its producer, has been able to put his talent of wine grower in the service of the Grand Cru terroir of Verzenay, exclusive origin of the grapes, to offer us a Champagne with a clear personality.
To taste from aperitif to meal, to accompany a veal shank with its vegetables, for example.
Third generation of wine growers, settled in the heart of the Moutain of Reims in Verzenay, the Champagne House Duval-Charpentier carefully selects its best grapes of Pinot Noir in its vineyard of 5.5 hectares, to produce and market around 15,000 bottles of highly expressive Champagnes per year.
20, rue de Mailly
51 360 Verzenay
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 49 48 92
Cel. : +33 (0)6 77 00 11 72Email : email@example.com