Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Sober and elegant packaging.
· Golden, with green glints.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Delicate bead of bubbles, persistent on the periphery of the flute after service.
· Intense, definitely thanks to the long period between disgorgement and commercialisation (minimum of 6 months), it reveals gently a harmonious complexity.
· Aromas of red fruits (cherry, blackcurrant, strawberry and raspberry), radiant, combined with a hint of spices (pepper, cinnamon), signature of the Pinot Meunier (45%) and of the Pinot Noir (10%).
· Touching notes of apple, pear, peach and apricot, subtly iodized and aniseed, expressions of the Chardonnay (45%).
· The emerging maturity of the cuvée is at last revealed, result of 2 years of ageing on laths of the bottles before disgorgement, with some gentle scents of honey and caramel.
· Generous attack, definitely due to the ageing of the basewines on fine lees, in vats, for 18 months, before blending.
· The mouth becomes then gentle and graceful, enhanced by a refined effervescence.
· We find again the spices mentioned for the nose, reserved.
· Deliciously acidulous finish, thanks to the selection of the first juices (cuvée), purer, during the soft pressing of the grapes.
· Great length on the palate.
With this Brut Vignoble, Bruno de Villepin, its winemaker, was able to compose the perfect blending of plots and years (50% from 2009 and 50% from 2010) to offer us a inspired interpretation fo the terroir of Boursault, in the Vallée de la Marne.
To taste during a meal, to accompany a Bresse chicken with cream and morels, for example.
Settled in Boursault since 1999, the Champagne House de Villepin cultivates 2.12 hectares of vineyard, composed of 55% of Pinot Meunier, 30% of Chardonnay and 15% of Pinot Noir. The continuing effort to reduce the environmental footpring of its viticultural practices, a gentle and meticulous oenology, without filtration, and some parcelled vinifications since 2008, gave birth to great quality Champagnes.
Champagne de Villepin
2 rue Pasteur
51 480 Boursault
Tel. : +33 (0)6 87 10 38 39Email : email@example.com