Guide VERON Des Champagnes 2016
(around 20 euros per bottle)
Poetic name. Sober and luxurious presentation. Bottle with harmonious forms.
· Pale gold, bright.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Delicate bead of bubbles, persistent.
· Elegant and complex.
· Initially marked by the majority of Chardonnay (80%), from Villers-Marmery, with some subtle notes of citrus fruits, candied apple and pear and white flowers.
· Caressing aromas of caramel and honey, expressions of the maturity of the Champagne obtained by the ageing on laths of the bottles for 30 months, supported by reserved woody notes, result of the controlled vinification of 80% of the base wines in oak barrels (several years old).
· Patience is rewarded by the appearance of heady scents of red fruits, signatures of the Pinot Noir (20%), selected in the Grand Cru of Verzenay.
· Pure and dense attack, reinforced by the rigorous selection of the finest juices (cuvée), during the pressing of the grapes.
· The mouth then becomes caressing and warm, definitely thanks to the generous dosage, with 10 g/L of sugar added at disgorgement.
· Tasty finish, with a touch of spices.
· Great length on the palate.
With this cuvée Ocarina, Stéphane Rémy, its producer, was able to choose his oldest plots (between 40 and 80 years) and compose an inspired blending between the varietals and the years (60% from 2011 and 40% of reserve wines from the 3 previous years), to offer us a remarkable interpretation of the terroir of Villers-Marmery.
To taste from aperitif to meal, to accompany pike quenelles with crayfish, for example.
Wine Grower in Villers-Marmery since 1952, in the heart of the Mountain of Reims, the Champagne House S. Remy carefully cultivates its vineyard of 7 hectares, composed of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, planted in the terroirs of Villers-Marmery (Premier Cru), Verzy, Verzenay and Bouzy (Grands Crus). 25,000 bottles of quality Champagnes are produced and marketed, in the respect of the champenois traditions.
Champagne S. Rémy
7 rue Crinque
51 380 Villers-Marmery
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 97 95 12
Cel. : +33 (0)6 71 7019 05
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 97 93 09Email : email@example.com