Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 21 euros per bottle)
Sober, luxurious and neat presentation.
· Golden, brilliant.
· Fine and festive bubbles.
· Persistent bead of bubbles.
· Ample and generous, source of intense emotions.
· Initially marked by the Pinot Noir from Ambonnay (35%) and by the Pinot Meunier from Ludes (35%), with some aromas of nice ripe red and black fruits, coupled with hints of spices and enhanced by reserved woody notes, result of the vinification and the ageing of the base wines, for 6 months, in oak barrels (from 3 to 5 years old) from Burgundy, on yeasts lees.
· The Chardonnay from Ludes (30%) is then unveiled with some scents of apple and pear compote, almond, hazelnut and white flowers.
· Pure attack, thanks to the timely stop of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.
· The mouth then becomes sensual and deep, thanks to the selection of plots of old vines (32 years old on average).
· Radiant maturity, with notes of honey barely roasted, result of 4 years of ageing on laths of the bottles in the cellars of the House, before disgorgement.
· Tasty finish.
· Remarkable length on the palate.
With this Brut Secrets de Chêne, Guillaume Quatresols, its producer, was able to compose the ideal blending of varietals and terroirs, to offer us a touching interpretation of the year 2009.
To taste from aperitif to meal, with a fillet of duck breast and spices, for example.
Established in Ludes for 3 generations, the Champagne House Quatresols-Gauthier cultivates its vineyard of 7.5 hectares, spread over the Grands Crus of Ambonnay and Mailly-Champagne and the Premiers Crus of Ludes, Villers-Allerand and Rilly-la-Montagne in the Mountain of Reims, with a constant desire to reduce the environmental footprint. A rigorous selection of the best grapes of the 3 champenois varietals in 36 plots and a controlled oenology allow to produce around 25,000 bottles of Champagnes revealing terroirs each year.
4 rue de Reims
51 500 Ludes
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 61 10 13www.champagne-quatresols-gauthier.com