Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 23 euros per bottle)
Blue bottle, original and neat.
· Golden, brilliant.
· Fine bubbles.
· Delicate bead of foam.
· Generous and radiant.
· Sensual aromas of butter, honey, caramel, evolving towards notes of gingerbread and brioche, expressions of the beautiful maturity of the cuvée obtained by 3 years of ageing on laths of the bottles before disgorgement, with autolysis of the prise de mousse yeasts.
· The Chardonnay (50%) is then slowly revealed with gourmet scents of apple, candied citrus fruits, apricot and raisin, punctuated by fragrances of red and black fruits, signatures of the Pinot Noir (50%).
· Immediately classy, definitely thanks to the rigorous selection of the cuvée (first juices) during the pressing of the grapes, reinforced by timely stop of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines and by the low dosage, with only 5 g/L of sugar added at disgorgement.
· The mouth then becomes deep, enhanced by the minerality, a characteristic sign of the plots of old vines (44 to 82 years old), well exposed, on which the grapes were harvested in 2011.
· Gourmet and warm finish.
· Great length on the palate.
With this cuvée L’Apogée du Terroir, Florent Laval, wine grower, was able to find the improbable balance between the reserved power of the Pinot Noir and the elegance of the Chardonnay, to offer us a touching interpretation of the terroir of Cumières.
To taste during your festive meals, with a roasted venison loin, for example.
Settled in Cumières, in the heart of the Marne Valley, the Champagne House Laval-Louïs cultivates with passion its vineyard of 4.4 hectares composed of 53% of Pinot Noir, 24% of Chardonnay and 23% of Pinot Meunier, south-southeast facing in the Premiers Crus of Cumières (80%) and Hautvillers (6%) and the Damery commune (14%). An oenology which respects the grapes and wines, without filtration nor clarification, give birth each year to around 20,000 bottles of Champagnes with character.
309 rue des bois des Jots
51 480 Cumières
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 51 72 98
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 58 86 43
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org