Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 25 euros per bottle)
Luxurious presentation in an original bottle.
· White gold, with some bright green glints.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Reserved bead of bubbles.
· Fine and harmonious, it slowly reveals its whole complexity.
· Hints of citrus fruits, hazelnut, apricot and grape, signatures of the majority of Chardonnay (60%).
· The black varietals (25% of Pinot Noir and 15% of Pinot Meunier) are then unveiled, with a sensual farandole of red and black fruits, subtly spicy.
· Patience is rewarded by the appearance of radiant aromas of honey and caramel, barely roasted, expressions of the maturity of the cuvée obtained by the ageing on laths of the bottles for 3 years before disgorgement, enhanced by the maturing of the base wines for 4 months in barrels (8 to 6 years old).
· Marked attack allowed by the rigorous selection of first juices (cuvée), purer, during the pressing of the grapes, quickly replaced by an ample and warm roundness, reinforced by the judicious fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.
· Silky effervescence.
· Tasty finish coupled with delicate spices (pepper and liquorice).
· Great length on the palate.
With this cuvée Grand Assemblage, Nicolas Dubois, wine grower at heart, was able to compose the ideal blending between the varietals, the terroirs and the years (85% from 2010 and 15% from the reserve wines) to offer us a touching traditionally blended Champagne.
To taste from aperitif to meal, to accompany a puff pastry with wild mushrooms and crunchy fennel salad, for example.
Founded in 1949 by Armand Goutorbe, the Champagne House Jeeper carefully cultivates the family vineyard of 40 hectares mainly planted with Chardonnay, completed by a selected supply of 180 hactares. The association with the Reybier Group in 2013 and a controlled oenology in the service of the pursuit of excellence give birth to 500,000 bottles of quality Champagnes each year under the Jeeper brand.
3 rue de Savigny
51 170 Faverolles et Coëmy
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 05 08 98
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 83 00 54
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org