Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 21 euros per bottle)
Luxurious and careful presentation.
· Golden, intense.
· Very fine bubbles.
· Refined bead of bubbles.
· Ample and radiant, it slowly reveals its many aspects, sources of pleasure.
· Well defined maturity, the result of ageing on laths of the bottles for 6 long years before disgorgement coupled with the autolysis of the prise de mousse yeasts, with some scents of pastries, honey and gingerbread, subtly roasted.
· Hints of citrus fruits (lemon, grapefruit), apple, pear, almond and hazelnut, elegant expressions of the Chardonnay (33%).
· Later, the Pinot Noir (67%) is revealed at last, with some fragrances of red and black fruits (blackcurrant, raspberry, blackberry and strawberry), barely spicy.
· Generous opening, enhanced by the soft minerality of the Grand Cru terroir of Aÿ, exclusive origin of the grapes, carefully harvested by hand.
· The mouth then becomes deep and balanced, the result of a controlled vinification, with selection of the purest juices (cuvée) during the pressing of the grapes, judicious fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines and addition of 9 g/L of sugar during the dosage, at disgorgement.
· Deliciously acidulous and spicy finish.
· Great length on the palate.
René Goutorbe has been able to put all his wine grower talent in the service of this Grand Cru Millésime 2006 to offer us a well-made Champagne.
To taste from aperitif to meal, with a fried lamb liver with spices, for example.
Wine grower in Aÿ since the beginning of the 20th century, the Champagne House Henri Goutorbe passionately cultivates its vineyard of 22 hectares, dominated by the Pinot Noir (70%), completed by 25% of Chardonnay and 5% of Pinot Meunier. A rigorous selection of the best vines due to the activity of nursery of the House and an accurate oenology with parcelled vinification before blending, give birth to 180,000 bottles of quality Champagnes per year, of which 50% are exported.
Champagne Henri Goutorbe
9 bis rue Jeanson
51 160 Aÿ
Tel. : + 33 (0)188.8.131.52.70
Fax. : + 33 (0)3 26 54 85 11