Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 25 euros per bottle)
Neat presentation. Bottle emblematic of the House.
· Golden and brilliant.
· Fine and dynamic bubbles.
· Fine bead of bubbles, persistent.
· Generous and gourmet.
· Captivating aromas of red and black fruits (strawberry, raspberry, cherry, blueberry, blackcurrant and blackberry), punctuated by delicate spices, signatures of the Pinot Noir (90%).
· The nose then opens up with warm scents of honey, caramel and pastries, barely toasted, expressions of the maturity of the cuvée obtained by 5 years of ageing on laths of the bottles, with autolysis of the prise de mousse yeasts.
· Initially lively, intense and deep, reinforced by the adjusted dosage with only 6 g/L of sugar added at disgorgement, supported by a heady minerality.
· The mouth then becomes sensual and caressing, coupled with subtle hints of citrus fruits, green apple, pear and peach, thanks to the Chardonnay (10%).
· Revealing the red fruits already perceived at the nose.
· Tasty finish, subtly spicy, brightened up with an iodized and mentholated breath.
· Remarkable length on the palate.
With this Brut Millésime 2009 Grand Cru, Eric and Bruno Vesselle, its producers, offers us a highly expressive Champagne, between reserved power and elegance, touching interpretation of the great year 2009 in the Grand Cru terroir of Bouzy, in the Mountain of Reims.
To taste during the meal, with a loin of lamb in herb coating, for example.
Wine growers in Bouzy, Eric and Bruno Vesselle preside over the destiny of the Champagne House Georges Vesselle, perpetuating the endless quest of perfection of their father, Georges Vesselle. A vineyard of 17 hectares in the historical Grand Crus of Bouzy, planted with 90% of Pinot Noir and 10% of Chardonnay, composed of 21 plots well exposed at mid-slope, allows to produce around 200,000 bottles of Champagnes with personality each year, patiently aged in the deep cellars of the House.
Champagne Georges Vesselle
16 rue des postes
51 150 Bouzy
Tél : +33 (0)3 26 57 00 15
Fax : +33 (0)3 26 57 09 20
Email : email@example.com