Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 23 euros per bottle)
Original and bright presentation, in a luxurious bottle of white glass, dressed in a refined translucent label. High quality cork.
· Golden and sparkling.
· Fine bubbles.
· Elegant bead of foam, persistent.
· Ample and generous, it slowly reveals its perfumed universe, source of an intense pleasure.
· Aromas of red and black fruits (cassis, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry and cherry liqueur), subtly spicy, signatures of the Pinot Noir (50%).
· The maturity of the cuvée is then unveiled, gentle and warm, the result of ageing on laths of the bottles for 4 years, with slow autolysis of the prise de mousse yeasts, with some scents of honey, pastries, moving toward roasted coffee.
· Patience is rewarded by the appearance of delicate fragrances of apple, pear, apricot and raisin, barely iodized and mentholated, expressions of the Chardonnay (50%).
· Round, deep and warm opening, with a remarkable presence, enhanced by a gentle minerality, perhaps reinforced by the judicious fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.
· Revealing the red fruits already perceived at the nose, coupled with a touch of spices (pepper, cinnamon and liquorice), underlined by the creamy effervescence.
· Dense and fresh finish.
· Very good length on the palate.
With this Cuvée Fifty, Michaël Francinet, its producer, offers us a touching interpretation of the Grand Cru terroir of Verzenay, exclusive origin of the grapes carefully selected in 2008.
To taste from aperitif to meal, to accompany a pigeon in puff pastry with cabbage, for example.
Wine growers in Verzenay in the Mountain of Reims since 1910, the Champagne House Francinet et fils carefully cultivates its vineyard of 6.25 hectares. A viticulture firmly focused on reducing the environmental footprint and a controlled oenology give birth to 42,000 bottles per year of Champagne with personality.
Champagne Francinet et fils
4 rue du Moulin
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 49 40 86
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 49 44 20
Email : email@example.com