Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 21 euros per bottle)
Original and luxurious presentation, emblematic of the Club Trésor of which the House is member since 1973.
· Pale gold, bright.
· Particularly fine bubbles.
· Refined and persistent bead of bubbles.
· Radiant, between generosity and elegance.
· Delicate scents of apple, pear and citrus fruits, barely iodized and mentholated, coupled with a touch of exotic fruits, signatures of the Chardonnay (23%) selected in Ludes.
· The black varietals (47% of Pinot Noir from the Grand Cru of Mailly-Champagne and 30% of Pinot Meunier selected in Taissy) take us into a joyful farandole of nice ripe red and black fruits, punctuated by soft spices.
· Lively opening, perhaps due to the selection of the first juices (cuvée) during the soft pressing of the grapes, reinforced by a careful settling of the musts (grape juice) before alcoholic fermentation.
· The mouth then becomes caressing, balanced, warm and sensual, with some flavour of honey, chocolate and roasted coffee, expressions of the maturity of the Champagne obtained by 5 years of ageing on laths of the bottles before disgorgement.
· Deep finish, underlined by a touching minerality.
· Great length on the palate.
Thierry Forget, Wine grower and oenologist, was able to compose with talent the inspired blending of terroirs and varietals to sign this cuvée Spécial Club 2009, touching interpretation of the year 2009.
To taste during meals among friends, with a sweetbread glazed with thyme sauce, for example.
Fourth generation of wine growers established in Ludes, in the Mountain of Reims, the Champagne House Forget-Chemin, certified Haute Valeur Environnementale (HVE) level 3 (highest level) since the 22 July 2014, cultivates with care a wine estate of 60 plots, spread over 13 hectares and 11 Crus, planted with the 3 champenois varietals. An inspired oenology in the service of the excellence gives birth to around 90,000 bottles of highly expressive Champagnes each year.
15 Rue Victor Hugo
51 500 Ludes
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 61 12 17
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 61 14 51www.champagne-forget-chemin.fr