Guide VERON des Champagnes 2016
(around 23 euros per bottle)
The name is evocative of the favorite number of Nathalie and Vincent Huber, who preside over the destiny of the House. Original and luxurious bottle. Suitable cap and wire-cap.
· Pale gold.
· Fine bubbles.
· Delicate bead of bubbles.
· Charming, with a great complexity.
· Hints of apple, pear, apricot and raisin, signatures of the Chardonnay of Barbonne-Fayel, holding the majority (50%).
· The Pinot Noir (17%, reference to the number of the cuvée) from Chavot-Courcourt and the Pinot Meuniver (33%) harvested in Bayonne-Fayel are then revealed, with some heady notes of red fruits, subtly spicy (pepper and liquorice).
· Patience is rewarded by the appearance of generous fragrances of honey and brioche, barely toasted, expressions of the maturity of the cuvée obtained by 3 years of ageing on laths of the bottles before disgorgement.
· Lively attack, allowed by the rigorous selection of the first juices (cuvée) during the pressing of the grapes and by the adjusted dosage with 6 g/L of sugar added at disgorgement.
· The mouth then becomes dense and warm, perhaps thanks to the fulfillment of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.
· Mineral finish.
· Great length on the palate.
With this Cuvée n°17, Vincent Huber, its producer, was able to compose the inspired blending of 3 years of harvest (70% from 2010, 26% from 2009 and 4% from 2008) to celebrate with dignity this 17th creation of the Champagne House Diogène Tissier et Fils.
To taste during meals among friends, to accompany a fish fillet Meunier, for example.
Located in Chavot-Courcourt on a wine estate of 9.5 hectares, the Champagne House Diogène Tissier et Fils has been trying hard to perpetuate the Champagne tradition since 1931. A viticulture firmly focused on reducing the environmental footprint and an accurate oenology enable to produce 110,000 bottles of quality Champagnes per year, exclusively marketed for individuals, of which 75% for exportation.
Champagne Diogène Tissier et Fils
10, rue du Général-Leclerc
51 530 Chavot-Courcourt
Tel. : +33 (0)3 26 54 32 47
Fax. : +33 (0)3 26 54 32 48www.champagne-diogene-tissier.com